Ready for a new bike

jrf4x4

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2008
I ride a XR250R and i want to get a new one i have been looking at the CRF250X and the WR250 but i have also been looking at a 250 2 stroke. I have ridden 2 strokes before and really like the power just don't know if i want a 2 stoke i only trail ride.

Jan 3, 2007
For trail ridding i prefer a 2 stroke because of their smooth and predictable power. I would say a Husqvarna WR250, Gasgas EC250, KTM 250XC-W, and the 250F Enduro bikes.

RedBull

Viva La Revolucion!
Nov 14, 2001
most endero guys are riding 2strokes its pretty hard to start a non estart 4stroke thats hot. theirs more weight to deal with and those few extra pounds are felt when the speeds get slow. also 4strokes run hotter and if your not putting a good amount of air through the radiators overheating can be a problem... but once again sense you dont know where you live neither do we so when you say trails are they tight woods or open fire roads? mabey the dessert? open trails go with a ktm xc or yamaha WR woods and tight trails where the speeds get slow go with a ktm XC or modded RM or YZ

jrf4x4

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2008
I live in virginia and i ride mostly tight trails. What do yall think about a 2004 KTM 250 EXC for 2,800 with a new top end and fmf pipe and new brakes and wheel bearings

RedBull

Viva La Revolucion!
Nov 14, 2001
yah twostokes your best bet. sounds like a pretty good deal im not sure on the prices in your state but check them with an equivilant bike on cycletrader or your local paper

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…