Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
In case you missed it:

No Motocross of Nations for Kawasaki Race Team in 2019

Foothill Ranch, Calif. (August 8, 2019)—Recently the AMA made preliminary contact with several teams regarding availability of riders for the 2019 Motocross of Nations (MXoN). Based on the team’s off-season plans, Kawasaki race team has informed the AMA that the team and riders will not be considered for the event later this year.

Kawasaki riders Eli Tomac and Adam Cianciarulo separately expressed interest in attending MXoN this year. After discussing the details of the team’s off-season plans with each rider, both were in agreement with the team’s decision. The team will consider MXoN invitations for its team riders in the future.

Kawasaki will continue its pursuit of success in the 450MX and 250MX 2019 AMA Pro Motocross Championships with Tomac and Cianciarulo each carrying the points lead and red plates in their respective classes into the Unadilla National in New Berlin, New York on Saturday, August 10th.

“Being chosen to represent the USA is always an honor,” said Tomac. “I am a patriotic guy so attending Motocross of Nations is something I always look forward to and embrace the challenge of the unique race. However, after speaking with the team I understand and support their reasoning for not attending this year’s event. Winning Motocross of Nations is something that is still on my checklist, but my priority right now is winning a Monster Energy Supercross title.”

“It would be an incredible and humbling honor to be chosen to represent Team USA," said Cianciarulo. “For me, it has always been something I have watched and wanted to be chosen for, but I understand the team’s decision and I know I have a lot of work and new challenges ahead of me by moving up to the 450 class.”

"
... doesn't seem like it matters much anyway with all the luck the USA has been having lately .

Dirt Shark put together a good video of the 2018 race:

Top Bottom