cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
so let me no if im right.if they're is a a little soot on your mixture ring then your good but if they're is none then you are to lean if they're is alot the you are to rich?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
You skimmed over the part about the burn ring only being for the mainjet? It is in all them links that were posted earlier. a manual will teach you basic maintenance and how to properly refer to parts for questions. If your plug looks like somebody sandblasted the end of it stop riding it and get reading!

cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
ok=).another question.do i put the same oil i run in my gas in my oil tank.you call that your oil tank right?but you get what im saying.cause someone told me not to.i run klotz snowmobile oil right now so do i use the same oil for everything on my bike?(sorry if this question sounds stupid) and i still haven't picked up that book because i have no car

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
No, premix oil is for mixing..

You run gear oil or something similar for your TRANSMISSION.. it's not called an oil tank..

cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
ok.sorry.oops.....how bad will that mess up my bike.do i do a oil change and get all that out?and then put gear oil in theyre?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
cr85re said:
ok.sorry.oops.....how bad will that mess up my bike.do i do a oil change and get all that out?and then put gear oil in theyre?

Yes, right after you get your manual. Which, incidentally will answer a lot of your other questions too..

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Anybody get the feeling their chain might be getting jerked by cr85re?

cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
um yeah but i don't have money to go but anything and i need to get to somewhere.how much are they?i have like 10$ to my name now.sorry.if i don't have a manual i have to ask some one right?my dad has no clue what he is doing.

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
cr85re said:
um yeah but i don't have money to go but anything and i need to get to somewhere.how much are they?i have like 10$ to my name now.sorry.if i don't have a manual i have to ask some one right?my dad has no clue what he is doing.

rtfm.gif

Maybe you can get your dad to buy a manual? Explain to him how much he could learn, and how much money he can save by being able to work on the bike yourselves. :nod:

Maybe he'll even read a chapter to you for a bedtime story. :rotfl:

Rotor

cr85re

Mod Ban
Nov 1, 2007
ok add of this.um.what patman or indy mx said my ratio should never chaange from 32:1????i have been running 40:1.does taht sound lkike what i should be running?im sorry im in the middle of gettin a manual.until then....but yeah do any of you guys run that?if not what do you run?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Why would you NOT believe Indy and Patman? If your manual says to run 32:1, what is the problem? So maybe you know a guy with a ktm, he is running 100:1! The ratio can vary from model to year. There is no benefits from changing, except in bizzarro land. If your bike has issues, it is not the ratio's fault!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
If you did a search on here, you'd be quick to discover that most people run 32:1.

There are some that run 40:1, but most of them are using synthetic oil. Then there are a few that are running other ratios.

If you had a service manual, you'd see that it most likely recommends 32:1.

Why is this such a hard thing for you to wrap your mind around?

Top Bottom