Status
Not open for further replies.

cawkazn

Uhhh...
Jan 22, 2007
ok so I sprayed a bunch of wd-40 on my bikes chain. the next day or so I rode my bike and the rear brake doesnt work anymore. is it because of the wd or probably a whole list of problems? When I push the brake, the brake pads still squeeze in they just dont really grab.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
cawkazn said:
ok so I sprayed a bunch of wd-40 on my bikes chain. the next day or so I rode my bike and the rear brake doesnt work anymore. is it because of the wd or probably a whole list of problems? When I push the brake, the brake pads still squeeze in they just dont really grab.

don't spray WD on your brakes..

Get some brake cleaner from your local autoparts store, make sure you get the chlorine free type. It is safer for use around rubber parts. Clean the pads and disc. that should get all of the WD out, and be more careful next time.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Just ride the brake for a while, you'll feel them come back fairly quickly. My brakes don't work at all after washing the bike with soapy water. I just do a few stops and everything is back to normal.

TonyJeske

Feb 20, 2007
Get some contact cleaner, make sure you spray the rotor completely. Use a t handle and push the caliper in to release preasure on the rotor and this will make the wheel easier to spin. It will also make the contact area of your pads acccseible. Make sure you spray them off as well. Make sure you pump your brake back up before finished. If that doesn't work you can use a clean scothbrite pad, spray it with contact cleaner and scrub the rotor on both the inside and outside surfaces of the rotor. That will take care of the problem. Its o.k. to spray WD-40 on areas around your brakes, but to make sure that doesn't happen again just spray your brake rotors and pads down immediatly afterward with contact cleaner. Tech tip make sure your brakes are always pumped up b4 you ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom