paul1

Sep 2, 2010
Hello! :)
Could someone help me with the rear brake issue?

I have kawasaki klx125, and the brake pedal is slightly above the footpad. And I cannot press it without taking my foot off the pad, because I can't bend my foot in a boot so high. In this video rider stands.
youtube(dot)com/watch?v=c859lO2oLjc
And when I stand - things are the same, but it all goes wrong when I sit. Does every dirtbike have a rear brake pedal in this high position (slightly above the footpad)?

Last edited:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Yes, pretty much.. They are supposed to be ridding in the standing position, for the most part. So they position the brake pedal such that it's easier to access from a standing position..

When your ass is on the seat, your foot can lift.. That's how I manage.

It's all just a matter of getting used to it. Once you have ridden it a while, you won't even notice. Just lift your foot a little, and smash the brake.. Pretty simple...

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I was taught by a rider far better than I to ride with the balls of your feet on the pegs (mainly so you could use your ankles as another set of shock absorbers). His teaching was that you should move your foot forward to shift and brake. I have always kept the brake pedal at the same height as the footpeg, definitely not above.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Riding with the balls of your feet on the pegs also keeps your toes from hooking a rut, root, etc..

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
Patman said:
Riding with the balls of your feet on the pegs also keeps your toes from hooking a rut, root, etc..

spiral fractures are no fun from what i hear :yikes:

Top Bottom