Rear NOT hooking up.

89rmx250

Feb 10, 2000
My rear tire never really seems to hookup like I would like. Comming out of cornors with bumps it will tend to spin a lot. I never really know if it will connect or not. I am thinking that this is a problem with my rebound, and that I should reduce (turn left, soften) the rebound, does this sound right?

Thanks,
Steve

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
How much sag are you running? In addition to reducing rebound damping, you could try adding more spring preload/decreasing your sag a few mm.

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
could try a different tire too, I had similar problems until I got the stupid sunlop off my bike. If it is suspension, fool with it. Adjust your rebound hogh low, test it out see if itmakes a difference. If not mess with the preload and sag. Thats the only way to get it right IMO.

89rmx250

Feb 10, 2000
Thanks for the replies. It sounds like I am on the right track. My SAG was set to 95mm, but that was two years ago. I run the compression very low (25%) out here in the mountains. I know that my rebound is set right in the middle (50%).

I should be able to get out to the track in the next few weeks, so I will test out the new rebound settings. Thanks again.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Little bit of knowledge I've heard. Over the time span of two yrs. I would imagine you've adjusted your chain quite a bit? Every time you adjust your chain your changing your leverage ratio. So..........everytime you change your leverage ratio you have to readjust your race sag. Its something you need to inspect routinely.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…