flynhigh40

Nov 13, 2002
On my oo cr250 I notice the the rear shock had a lot of side to side play in it. So I ordered pivot works bearings for it. Can someone give me some info on how to install the new bearings? Or does anyone know a good site that explains the process? Thanks

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
There is supposed to be a certain amount of side to side movement.
Its called a "Helm" joint. I would be very supprised if its out of spec. on a 2000 bike.
If you look in your Cr manual there is a section showing how to make your own threaded rod tool to remove and replace this bearing.

yzrider_69

Nov 5, 2002
just did a set on my bike take rear tire off swing arm and linkage and air box, of course the plastic. take top bolt out of shock and take old bearings out slowly to remember how the bearings go put new ones in and put wheel bearing grease on them and put it back together. takes about 2-3 hours. or you can get a manual that will tell you

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Top bearing only comes out one way. Push from the right (side with canister). I think there is a very small circlip in a groove on the left side of the bearing that holds it in place. Make sure this comes out first.

Top is not hard to get out at all. Bottom can be a pain. Put the new bearings in the freezer for a couple of days before you put them in.

You likely got new seals in your kit too, make sure those go in right or you will still have side-to-side play.

Good luck.

sraser

May 31, 2001
I know this is a little off topic, but I just oredere a new set of bearings for my swing arm and was wondering if I needed a press to get them in. Basically, can I do it myself or do I have to take it to a shop?

Top Bottom