kdxinjapan

Jul 9, 2001
I have been looking for a new rear shock for my 91 KDX250SR for a while. Things are pricey here in Japan. The guy at the shop says a new one will be about $600 US. I have seen them on the auction sites for a lot less but I was worried about the size. I checked the www.buykawasaki.com web site and looked at ther parts diagrams for a range of different bikes (KX, KDX 200/220/250's )from varying years and discovered that they all use the same 'Blueshock No.1' with the same part number. So I guess any of these shocks that I see for sale will do. The problem is that the spring on my bike is pink. I asume the previous owner changed it for a harder or softer one or that it was stock at one point. Does anyone know about these shocks and sizes. Any help would be great as its hard for me to get any information from the japanese mechanics.

kmx125r

~SPONSOR~
May 23, 2000
Hi,

I too own a KDX250SR a 1992 model... I had my shock reworked by ProAction last year. I'm pretty certain that they said it was the same shock as the US model. I do own a US KDX250 (not the SR model) as well and the shock "appears" to be the same.

So I suspect that you could get a shock for a US version KDX250 and it would work out just fine.

Why do you need a new shock? You could probably get your current one overhauled for a LOT less than a new one.

Top Bottom