KDXTrreme

Oct 31, 2001
I'm in the process of rebuilding the rear shock on my 98 kDX 200. I don't think the fluid had been changed since the bike was new :scream: !! I'm going to the 5.2 spring since I weigh 200 pounds so I'm sure the suspension will respond much better once it's rebuilt.. I was thinking of putting aftermarket valves in to further my suspension bliss. Are these gold valves worth it or not? Also, does anyone have any experience with the "Delta Valve"? It apparently replaces the stock compresion adjuster. Does this fit on the kdx shock and if so, is it worth the money? Thanks for any advice you can give!!

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
See my recent thread [#64468] a few days back for the same question and a couple of answers. I'm going to do the Gold Valve replacement as it sure can't get any worse. Do you have a way to get a digital photo of your valve assembly. I'd like to see the valve plate and how large [or small] the orfices are. My shock appears to hydraulic lock when it encounters a hard high speed compresion hit. The orfices in the valve plates in the front shocks are extremely small and cause this hydraulic lock and resulting "spiking" in the handlebars. The Gold Valves cured this entirely so I'm hoping that they will do the same for the shock. The other "Cure" might be to drill those holes larger then reconfigure the current shim stack.????

kx_693

Jul 2, 2002
if you really want to get it set up for what kind of ridding you are doing and for you'r weigt send it to a suspension company, i have used gld valves and they work good but ever since i have been ridding for FCR suspensin it has been a night and day diffirens.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom