mike-evans

Sep 16, 2009
havnt rode my bike for about 3 weeks, so went to change the tranny oil, and before i did, with the bike in neutral i pushed the kickstart down and the rear wheel turns, why? Is there anything to worry about? If i hold the wheel it wil stop, but a little resistance there...it has new clutch plates and basket, its a 01 yz 250 2t....

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
because the plates are dry and or sticking. Pull the clutch in, put it in gear with the front brake on and it will loosen up once it gets oil on it - since you say it is new.

mike-evans

Sep 16, 2009
Matt90GT said:
because the plates are dry and or sticking. Pull the clutch in, put it in gear with the front brake on and it will loosen up once it gets oil on it - since you say it is new.
ok when i say new, its about 3 months old and about 5 rides on it, it hasnt done it before, i think it might just need to be run and then loosen up prehaps? If not, what could it be, why would it drag and spin the rear wheel?

jumpingjoe628

Mar 15, 2005
All of my bikes have done this. It's just drag from the transmission. If you start the bike even if it's in neutral, the rear wheel might rotate a little. Perfectly normal.

Top Bottom