Sep 11, 2005
I am rebuilding the engine on my 92 wr200 and need help! I have the rings on the piston and the piston attached to the crank shaft but I can't get the cylinder over the piston, I can compress the rings. How do I get this back together??? I have never been this frustrated in my life.

Thanks

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
make sure the rings are aligned with the little pin in the piston ring grove. Mine (the pin) is located on the carb side of the piston in the ring grove.
are you sure it's aligned?

Just my first thought.
Crazy4nitro

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
the pins keep the rings from spinning and catching in the ports,

Crazy

tzr8cr

Jan 28, 2006
check to make sure you dont' have the ring in upside down one side of the ring might be flat the other with a small radius if it's upside down you won't be able to compress it even when allined. you should be able to tell if it is or not by how free it slides back and forth in the ring grove. also if you have a manual check to make sure you don't have to turn the cylinder on an angle. i know for sure that in 86 yamaha did this and if you didn't turn it on the correct angle the ring would get stuck in the transfer port and you were screwed not only would the cylinder not go down you couldn't get it back off. with the rings compressed inone hand tilt the cylinder to the side where the pin is located and slide it on enough to go over that portion of the ring but not enough to bind everything.once this is done it should hold it compressed enogh to slide the rest of the way down make sur to put a decent amount of oil on everything before you start. also make sure the wrist pin ring gap does not line up with the opening on the piston could cause some problems if on end works it's way out a little.hope some of this helps let us know how you make out.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom