Recent Superbike Test from Barber's

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Ben Bostrom was VERY complimentary of the new track at the Barber's facility.  Those of us in Birmingham and the surounding areas are excited to have such a world class facility right in our backyard.  A bunch of us are going to buy 3 day passes to the Superbike double header in September.  I can't wait to go out there.

From Cycle News:

<TABLE cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#808080 border=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD><B>Bostrom, Bostrom, DuHamel</B></TD>
<TD align=right width=75><B>4/17/2003 </B></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

American Honda's Ben Bostrom emerged from the one-day Barber Motorsports Park test with the quickest time of the superbikes, the Californian lapping at 1:26.83. "I did my fast time near the end after we made a gearing change, which helped, " Ben Bostrom said. "Today was great weather and the track is so smooth that small subtle changes make a big difference. We learned a lot at the Atlanta test and a lot here, too. I wish we had a second day here. "Ever since I've got back on the Honda, I've been looking for more front-end feel. I can't get the bike to turn before the apex. The last few days we've made good progress though, and I'm really looking forward to Sears Point. This track is great, it's a mixture of a few world circuits with some Phillip Island, a little bit of Brands Hatch and the chicanes feel a bit like Assen. I've been to tracks all over the world, but I've never been to a track more perfectly manicured than this one. Ben's younger brother Eric was the second fastest at today's test, the Kawasaki rider lapping at 1:27.31 to lead American Honda's Miguel DuHamel and Austin Ducati's Anthony Gobert. Yamaha's Damon Buckmaster was the fastest of the 600cc Supersport riders, besting his teammates Jamie Hacking and Aaron Gobert. Kawasaki's Tommy Hayden and Tony Meiring led the Superstock riders with Corona Suzuki's Adam Fergusson heading the list of Formula Xtreme riders. Unofficial Lap Times 1. Ben Bostrom (Honda) 1:26.83 2. Eric Bostrom (Kawasaki) 1:27.31 3. Miguel DuHamel (Honda) 1:27.65 4. Anthony Gobert (Ducati) 1:27.85 5. Jordon Szoke (Suzuki) 1:29.65 Formula Xtreme 1. Adam Fergusson (Suzuki) 1:27.3 2. Jimmy Moore (Suzuki) 1:29.4 Superstock 1. Tommy Hayden (Kawasaki) 1:29.65 2. Tony Meiring (Kawasaki) 1:31.3 Supersport 1. Damon Buckmaster (Yamaha) 1:28.06 2. Jamie Hacking (Yamaha) 1:28.5 3. Aaron Gobert (Yamaha) 1:28.7 4. Jason DiSalvo (Yamaha) 1:29.5 5. Tommy Hayden (Kawasaki) 1:30.43

Top Bottom