three3eye

Jan 26, 2006
I have ridden my friends quad a couple times, I just got a sport bike recently and I love riding it, but I am looking to buy a dirtbike for a different experience like jumps/stunts/offroad.

I'll start with this:
1)I am 5'8" 155lb
2) I am very very aggressive (gotten my Yamaha FZ6 up to 133mph in 4th gear, and crashed it doing a wheelie at 20mph :bang: )
3)I want an all around good dirtbike, for off-road/woods/fields/MX/SX tracks
4) I have riding experience on a sport bike, a quad, and a bicycle :rotfl:
5) I will probably race at some point
6) I am an electrical engineer, so yes i m mechanicaly inclined, and will do my own bike work
7) I don't have a preference of brand, not exactly sure on the diff b/w 2 and 4 stroke
8) I want to buy a used bike from anywhere
9) After looking on **** n craigslist, i think a bike in the $1500 range is what i am looking to spend
10) I would like a real durable bike, or at least one that isn't overly complicated to fix. I really want to use it for stunting, and basically f---ing around on :aj: , so I don't want anything new, maybe something from the 90's. I don't even want insurance on the bike, but I don't even know if that's possible (do you kno?). Since I don't plan to get too attached to the bike, something like a 125cc that i might "get sick of in a year" doesn't bother me, but I'm just not sure how much power I need.

I've already been flamed on the sportbike forum for crashing my bike. So I'd appreciate only helpful responses.

KDXJeff94

Jan 25, 2006
you can get a good 125 or 250 for $1500 especially is USD... but when buying a used motocross bike around that year you will also find a lot of garbage bikes so choose carefully... ive seen the good and bad

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Last may I bought 2002 RM125 for $1500. Needed less than $75 in fixes.

The guy told me everything that was wrong with the bike in detail BEFORE I got there.

Like you I had $1500. I spent the better part of two months before I found it.

Top Bottom