Red Bud Photos

Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
First shot with the MkII since the repairs were made, and it looks like they fixed it up.

Here's a few for now. I'm just too wasted to to any more now.

Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
Thanks guys. The Weimer shot was with a borrowed 17-40. I sold mine. :bang: :| :coocoo: :(

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I was considering getting something wider than my 24-70, but was thinking more along the lines of a fisheye or the Sigma 10-20 but have seen a bunch of poor reviews about how soft the Sigma is on the edges. After closing the deal on a mkII I'll have to make due with my 24-70 as the widest I use, at least it will be a little wider with the 1.3 crop of the mkII sensor than the 20D's 1.6.

B

biglou

Beautiful work, Emile. I tried for three years to get a shot like the one you have of Shorty in front of the flag. Needless to say, I failed miserably!

Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
Thanks again guys.

Lou, that was a tough shot to get. I couldn't see the bikes aproaching the jump, so I just had to point the lens in the general direction of where I thought they would be, then track them for a split second until they reached the flag. This is for sure one of those deals where you would have troubles with the focus speed of the D-Rebel.

patto3

Apr 8, 2006
I was just reading the racerX article "Sign of the (lap) times: Red Bud", and realized "hey I've seen those shots somewhere else before." Good work.

Squid31

Jul 5, 2006
Thanks guys.

patto3 said:
I was just reading the racerX article "Sign of the (lap) times: Red Bud", and realized "hey I've seen those shots somewhere else before." Good work.

Ya, glad you noticed that. :cool: They said they were going to use some more on Friday so check back. I sent in a whole whack of photos, so hopefully they run 1 or 2 in the next issue.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Great job on the shots Squid. No question about the camera being fixed.:cool:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Absolutly fantastic pics.

Love the one of the flag.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…