RED BULL possible a way to reduce Arm pump...

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
I found a way that seems to almost eliminate (for me anyways) arm pump. I excerecise daily I also work as a Lead welder at Cheif Industries. here is what I do is I hydrate myself well the nite before a ride, trial or race then I drink a Red Bull before competion. It seems to work for me. I have tried not drinking red bull and raceing and I do not perform as good. Now it may be a placebo effect ( I train myself into thinking it is doing me some good) I just was wondering if their is any real sience behind the energy drink and why I seem to perform better. My other friends seem to have simmilar results. Just want some Opinions..

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Have you tried Revenge? It works good for fatigue during exercise. I drink Redbull after my ride to recover, I/ve never tried it before, maybe next time.

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
I usually drink one on the way to my hockey games. Especially since they tend to be at the end of the day when I'm on the down slide. Not real easy to sleep afterwards, though.

Ya-mama

Sep 28, 2002
Red Bull and any other highly caffeinated beverage will actually delay the onset of lactic acid in your body. If lactic acid causes arm pump, yes it will help, and/or you could just be delaying being fatigued throughout your body. Several cyclist (bicycle) take caffeine for this very reason. Being a drug, you will hit a down side as it wears off. It may help to take the sugar free version. And the more caffeine (coffee/coke/chocolate) your take in your normal daily life typically dilutes the effectiveness. You could fast from caffeine the week or two before a big race and take it the morning of the race to insure effectiveness. I have used it for running and cycling with mixed success.

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
Interesting I think that is acctually what is happening cause yes after the ride of course i am physically drained ad usually feel like a gelatinous blob. one other question What is Taurine most of those energy drinks have it what makes it so special and combined with the caffene is that what i am feeling is a rush of taurine?

KTM Shorty

Jun 20, 2002
At the recommendation of an AA enduro & hare scramble guy, I recently used Accelerade during my last two enduro's. This stuff is awesome! I used to use Revenge but after 2 or so hours, I'd get start to get nauseaous and after 4 hours I didn't even want to drink it anymore. This led to dyhydration and fatigue. Accelerade eliminated all of these problems. I used the fruit punch flavor which tastes great (when you are thirsty, ok when your not) and it makes you want to drink more. I drank 120 oz in each of my last two enduros, and felt 100% better. The same company makes a product called EnduroX4 which helps you recover faster. I haven't tried it yet, but if it is half as good as the Accelerade it will be more than worth it. Give it a try.

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
well hydraytion is not useally a factor I hydrate well days before a ride and I use my camel back and I do supplement with gatorade and fruit but the red bull seems to ward off fatigue for most of the day.

Top Bottom