Ranger18

Aug 8, 2005
I know this is an age old question, Red vs. Blue. What I need to know is reliability, & maintenance. I was thinking about getting a 02 crf 450r. I like the honda's I have a CR250 right now. But I'm also considering a 02 YZF426 because I hear that they are more reliable, and require far less valve adjustment. Is this true? Peoples personal experiances with either bike would help me a lot in making my decision. P.S. I am getting the 02 because in cali I need the green sticker. And I plan on using this for a trail bike.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I AM a champion...I choose Suzuki

n_w t_ b_kes

May 31, 2005
YZ125jk said:
im a better champion and piss on suzukis and ride yamaha

lol. Way to be. :cool: I like Yamaha most, but I would buy the other brands if I found a good deal on them.

I have heard that the yzf's are more reliable, so I am pretty sure the yz426f will be pretty good in the reliable department. I'd say go for the one in best condition.

mx_racer32

Apr 7, 2005
i rode yamahas all my life, i loved them. i just recently picked up a 05 crf450. i feel like im cheating now. it turns so much better, rides smoother and the overall fit and finish is awsome. its hella fast but if its not enough, there is always one rule i go by. that is "its easier to make a good handling bike fast, then to make a fast bike handle good". either way, i love my new bike and wouldnt go back.

ComradeMikhail

Mi. Trail Riders
May 2, 2005
I ride whatever is for sell and looks good at the time :P.. Seriously, Having ridden both a YZ 250 and CR 250, I say just pick one. They're both great bikes, and I wouldn't care which one I had. (Yes I know you're looking at 4 strokes, I just thought I'd post my experience with the two brands.)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom