jfletcher

Nov 11, 2001
Can anyone tell me what a red spark plug might identify. My plug is not wet or white as if it were lean, just a reddish color. I did a search for this but didn't find anything so I was hoping someone could help out. The bike seems to be running fine in the colder weather, but bogged (at WOT coming out of turns) when warmer out.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Are we talking 2 or 4 stroke?I was getting a reddish type color on the insulator,when I was using mx2t.Some 2 stroke oils turn the insulator different colors.Your bogging is probably carb related. Strip it apart take all the jets out and start spraying all the passages with carb cleaner.Also check your float height,If it is still bogging look into the jetting,go richer on the main if the bogging is full throttle. Clean the carb first. Also check your reeds.

Last edited:

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Rich, in the summer my plug was a reddish tint too, and the bike ran great with no problems. My plug did not look like those in the thread, mine was more of just a tint, not a deposit. I think that the cause might of been from my oil, Klotz R-50, which is red. Also, the plug looked alittle like a clown face, the insulator was a reddish tint, the electrode(metal coming out of insulator right?) was blackish, and the electrode had a really thin white depost on the circular edge.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom