mongoos

Jul 14, 2000
Yeah the other day I was checking the reeds on my 2001 KX 250 and when I tore it apart, to my suprise I found that the lower reed stopper ( the metal curved shaped piece that screws on over the reeds) was broken off. Luckily it hadn't had the chance to wedge itself into the motor yet, but I was wondering why this would happen, and could it be a reacuring problem?

Thanks!

TRAIL

Nov 12, 2002
I dont know, i had a 2001 kx 250 before my current bike(2001 cr 250) and it ate reeds but i never had that happen. I would buy the V force set up if i was you

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Were the screws still in their mounts?,hopefully they were, because their is only one way they are going.I ate a lot of OEM reeds on my 00,BUT I never seen the oem reed stopper's break.The only thing I can think of is the screws for the stopper was a little loose letting the stopper vibrate.Are the screws for the stopper that broke, pretty tight? Consider your motor very lucky.

mongoos

Jul 14, 2000
yeah the screws were still in place, the stopper broke off right next to where the screws were. I guess I will just chalk it up to a freak accident.

Thanks

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
You lucked out!! You ought too try out the VForce reeds, i have them in my 01kx and they work great..
Rick

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom