jbrim

Feb 25, 2004
I am thinking about purchasing some reeds for my 01 KDX220. I ride in the woods and I do not know what I should buy. Can anyone help.

Thanks

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
if u want to spend little get boyesen super stock reeds if you want some killer bottom end snap get the vforce3. honestly tho i think all the bottom end came from the rb carb and head mod on my 200. but its there.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I adressed this with Jeff Fredette as I sent the top end to him this winter for all his goodies. I took advantage of all the engine and carb services he provides. In his opinion he stated, that a crisp set of reeds, no matter what brand work jsut fine. the V-force does in fact make a little more power, but not enough for him to justify taking my $150.

Tom L

Dec 18, 2004
I put Carbon Tech low tension carbon fiber reeds in my 220. Gave it a good low end boost and a big top end boost. Major improvement!!

sledman

Oct 23, 2002
I second the Carbon Tech low tension reeds. I have a set on order for my wife's new KDX. They greatly enhance the bottom. If you are running a stock expansion chamber, you will loose some top end with these reeds. These reeds, matched with a Pro Circuit pipe make a great combination, allowing the bike to perform better, everywhere. I have used this combo on a KDX previously, and will be doing it again this weekend. Now, if only I could find a carbon fiber (or fiberglass) guard for that pipe.......

Makeshoes

Nov 9, 2004
I just replaced my son's 4 yr old FMF Torque Reeds with new ones. For $30, how can you go wrong! He can pull his front wheel off the ground in most of his gears.

rlbranson

Dec 24, 2003
I will second the fmf torque reeds. I had installed boyesen reeds in my 200 and it just didn't have enough lowa end for clumsy me. I replaced the boyesen with fmf torque reeds and am very pleased with the increase down low. If some one really swears by the boyesen 2 peice reeds I have a set of low mileage boyesen reeds I could sell them.

Bob

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom