gr411

Feb 8, 2009
I just put carbon fiber reeds in my 86 yz 125. I was wondering if i have to jet it now or could i leave it. I know how to jet and i understand it well but i have a lot of other things to do to it just wanna save time. oh and stupid question when cleaning the air filter what kinda oil do i use after its clean

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
I am far from an expert, but I can tell you that jetting leaner for my new Boyesen Power Reeds made a huge difference. I also run an older bike, 82 RM 125. They make a special oil especially for filters.

gr411

Feb 8, 2009
yeah i put everything together today and took it for a rip and its runing ritch and it idles very high nomater what i do with the idle screw so im kinda stumped

eagles22793

May 25, 2008
if your bike is idling high and when you mess with the idle screw and it does nothing then you most likley have a vacum leak. when you put on the reeds you did not put them together right or you need new gaskets.

FNG

May 2, 2008
gr411 said:
yeah i put everything together today and took it for a rip and its runing ritch and it idles very high nomater what i do with the idle screw so im kinda stumped

1) can you pull the idle down with the choke?
2) did you clean the pilot jet good? They are small and plug easily
3) You may need to go up on the pilot with the reeds as they are stiffer than the stockers which will atomize the fuel better possibly causing a lean condition.
4) like others have stated, maybe an airleak. or throttle cable binding could cause the slide to hang up.
5) colder air temps? the colder it is, the leaner it runs.
6) you mention the idle screw, but no mention of the air screw which can affect idle. In=richer or less air, Out=leaner or more air.

Top Bottom