Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
Ok...so this isn't a full on flame, as I love my rekluse clutch...but...I called Rekluse on Monday to order new friction plates and drive plates, as its time to redo the clutch. I figured since they are in Idaho and I'm in WI, a 4 day UPS ship should get the plates to me before the weekend, so I ordered the stuff. Got a call today (Tuesday)..."hey we are out of the drive plates...could be 30 days until we get them." Alright, no big deal, I'll cobble something together from my old plates, but...now the frictions haven't shipped yet either (we were holding them until we talk to you. Fine, I'll pay the extra to get them before this weekend...no problem. 1 hour later I get another call from them..."we are out of the friction plates too and don't know when we'll get those in, as our purchasing gal is on vacation...so really, we've got nothing for you. Your local dealer can get you the friction plates." Don't get me wrong, I like my rekluse and I think highly of their tech support, they have always been super helpful and prompt, but this time it sucked. They need an inventory system that's a little better than "seat of the pants".

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
In your clutch do you have to use Rekluse drive plates? In the Core EXP clutch in my bike you use your stock plates. In fact the Rekluse plates are nothing more than repackaged OEM Honda CRF450R plates which are compatible with the KX450F plates.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I only need the rekluse drive plates due to the thickness...they are thicker than the stock ones, and it helps when trying to achieve the proper clearances. Usually what happens is that you end up using both...stock and rekluse in some sort of a combination. I just wanted to replace all plates with new ones, since I was already ordering from Rekluse. I should have prefaced all of this with the fact that I went to my local dealer first to get a set of stock friction plates. Since they were not in stock I called Rekluse....so...I now ordered the friction plates through my dealer, which are of course still not in stock. I know my bike isn't the newest (03), but what the truck man...no wonder the motorcycle industry is like the RV industry...in the toilet...no one stocks anything so there's less overhead I guess. Support your local dealer my arse...and yes, I checked our favorite online stores web site as well...I want the OEM plates for reasons that warrant a seperate flame (I'm grumpy today), so no go.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom