releasing pressure in forks or something???

mx4life

Feb 8, 2007
I hear people release the air in the forks after every ride, when and how do you guys do this, and what does it do for your forks? thanks a lot.

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
Theres a little screw in the top of your forks. On some theres a screw for your clickers, which is usually labelled, and one other screw. The other screw releases air built up from the forks moving up and down basicaly. Removing the air simply lets the forks work better.

rushy08

Jul 17, 2006
it should be an off-centre screw at the top of each of your forks. get a flathead screwdriver out and loosen em off to release built upp air. make sure you tighten em properly when you put em back though. i got some push down ones yesterday to replace the annoying screw-types.

rushy08

Jul 17, 2006
na im not a racer it just saves alot of dicking around with maintanence. Also can do it when your our in the trails without whipping out the flathead screwdriver.

KXRacer469

Aug 4, 2007
Iv'e also been wondering about this. So it's the top screw? What would happen if the center one came off? So I'm taking it releasing the air would reduce being so choppy in the front wouldn't it?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The front tire HAS to be off the ground,suspended,DO NOT DO THIS UNDER LOAD! You will create negative pressure if there is a load on the forks! With the wheel off the ground,release the pressure! Did I make that point CLEAR! Read the manual,geez! If there is a pressure build up,it can blow the iddy bitty screw across the garage,be careful!

Bunya

Apr 26, 2007
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
The front tire HAS to be off the ground,suspended,DO NOT DO THIS UNDER LOAD! You will create negative pressure if there is a load on the forks! With the wheel off the ground,release the pressure! Did I make that point CLEAR! Read the manual,geez! ...
I'm still a bit confused... can you explain this procedure in a little bit more detail???? :joke:

Manual??? I don't need no stinkin' manual. That's what this place is for! :bang:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Bunya said:
I'm still a bit confused... can you explain this procedure in a little bit more detail???? :joke:
Step 1: Push motorcycle into front yard.
Step 2: Place motorcycle on top of stand in a manner that prevents either wheel fron touching the ground.
Step 3: Place large "For Sale" sign on side of motorcycle where passing motorists and easily see said sign.
Step 4: Accept that if you can't figure out how to remove a screw from the top of your fork tube after being given a full page of instructions, then you have no business even looking at off road motorcycles. :laugh:

Bunya

Apr 26, 2007
Motorcycles :whoa: I thought we were talking about bicycles... Thanks for clearing that up FruDaddy!

derek the 2 stroke said:
i read my manual,it didnt say anything about this.I guess you mean service manual though.I only have the owners manual
Derek, honestly, my manual comment wasn't directed towards you. Your question/this thread was perfectly legitimate.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
KXRacer469 said:
Iv'e also been wondering about this. So it's the top screw? What would happen if the center one came off? So I'm taking it releasing the air would reduce being so choppy in the front wouldn't it?
I could not imagine what a set of forks would ride like with the clicker adjustment buried,assuming you think its an air bleeder!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
mmz77 said:
I don't know but I do know you put one in with an impact wrench :yikes:

Oh crap! I used needle nose pliers. Is it going to fall in the cylider now?

Top Bottom