remember when?

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
Jeez...when I was a youngin, if I needed a Honda part, I went to Honda cycle city. They were freakin huge, and Honda ONLY. Whatever I needed, it was ALWAYS in stock.

If I needed a Kaw part, there was "American Kawasaki". They were Kaw only, and had a nice inventory.

These days, you have Joe Blow motorsports, and they might be "A honda dealer" in that they sell some new Hondas among the bloated off the shelf 'custom' choppers they cram the floor space with....and jeezus if you need a honda part then it's ordering time.

I needed a slow jet for a little XR100R that Im building...called all the cycle places around, and none of them had it in stock. A large "dealer" I wont mention told me $17.49, and 5 to 7 days to get it in! Oh my god. I could mail order it, pay $6.00 shipping and get it cheaper and probably quicker. I dont know why I even tried the "dealer". I suppose I want to hear the little thing run without waiting 7 to 10 days....

Am I wrong to expect so called dealers to stock something as simple as jets? for one of the worlds most popular little bikes who's design and parts stayed the same for god knows how many years?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…