RoadDawg

Jul 10, 2009
Hey guys,

How difficult is it to remove a front wheel. I have a flat tire and I am going to change the inner tube and I am a little apprehensive about pulling the front wheel off since I have never done this before...

HELP :yikes:

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
lossen the 4 bolt on the right side fork get a 17mm and unscrew from the right, pull the axle out, drop the wheel

when putting back make sure the odi drive slots in to the nub, also you may have to spread the brakes with a screwdriver to make easy

oh and if you have odi function unscrew the cable before anything else

easy cheesy

domino dave

Sep 24, 2003
For me getting the wheel off and on is thhe easy part ... I have a hard time getting the tire off and on the rim ... seems like I always scrape a few knuckles. If you run into any problems, just jump back on here and ask for help. You'll be fine. Dave

Joburble

Bring back the CR500
~SPONSOR~
Jul 20, 2009
When the wheel is out I put a 3mm thick piece of plastic sheet between the disc pads just incase anyone decides to pull the brake lever in.

Attachments

• plastic2.jpg
    plastic2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
nice joburble...there is always someone standing around talking that likes to pull all the levers ..hell i did it to a friend once but did not say anything when I realized I did it..

Domino its amazing how much easier it is to change tires when you have an extra set of hands esp. when it comes time to get the valve stem through the hole

Top Bottom