mladewig

Mar 2, 2004
:bang: PLEASE HELP!!

I have removed the cylinder head to replace the piston. I would like to remove the power valves but I am having problems.

I removed the slider pin that turns the valves and they are now loose in the barrel. How do remove the valves? Do I take them through the exhaust or through the barrel?

I am proberbly doing something stupid but it is driving me MAD!!

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
Through the exhaust. If the valve is carboned up you may have to grab it with a pair of vice grips and work it to release some of the cabon.
Personally, I wouldn't tackle this without a manual. Hope you have one handy.

mladewig

Mar 2, 2004
Thanks Peer.. I have been pulling my hair out.

I cannot get it through either side, however I have not tried with vice grips was not sure how strong the valves where. I have my user manual that comes with the bike and it seems pretty straight forward just cant get those darn things out. They look pretty carboned up so that could be half the problem.

I will keep trying...

mladewig

Mar 2, 2004
OK OK so I finaly got those suckers out. They are pretty carboned up.. Any ideas on a easy method to get rid of the carbon build up?

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
a very stiff wire brush. you can use some other things to loosen it up (like oven cleaner) but I never do. just a bit of carb cleaner and good old fashioned elbow grease.

mobrown

Jan 26, 2004
My 91 CR250

I used Gunk to loosen the grundge on my PV's and it worked great! The manual said to also lube them with clean 2-stroke oil when reinstalling.

Top Bottom