Reno trip again next year?

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Finally got off my a$$ and booked a room for Sat night at Motel6 Virginia Plumb - $39.99 no two night minimum.

Brian

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
20 Questions

I really want to keep it this simple on the internet: my cell # is (775) 771-8850 call me when you get in or near Reno. I will have a central meeting spot for all of us to meet/eat that night. I will give out directions to Moon Rocks, and the parking lot where the Caravan will meet (my office bldg parking lot). We will then head out to the Moonrocks from there. Each person will have a map upon leaving the parking lot. At the moonrocks, everyone will be given instructions on the different trails, and introduced to the local 'loop leaders'.

A lot of info has been posted already, but if you want to post a series of quesions I will answer them all. To reiterate a couple of answers:
Moonrocks is about 25 miles from the Peppermill 3 of that on a very nice dirt road.
Average temperature is 51 degrees for the high
Elevation is 4200-6800'
No facilities (other than porta pottys)
Staging area large enough to hold a 300 rider desert race.
Terrain - mainly awesome sandy/soil, sandy areas, rocky areas, lots of washes and ravines, hill climbs and downhills (advanced loop).
Whoops, switchbacks, minor drop offs sand, small jumps (intermediate loop)
Fire roads, whooped roads (small), meandering single track, and minor amounts of sand (beginner loop).
Locals will also be taking people out on self made loops later on Saturday, and all day Sunday.
The terrain and soil is nearly perfect that time of year. Moisture + Sandy Loam = Traction.
Two bike storage locations(up to 100 bikes)-call me when you get to Reno.
There are grocery stores and mini-marts on the way out to Moorocks on the highway, along with fast food, sub shops, sports bars, gas stations etc.
A local bike shop, Reno Motorsports, will be offering 10% discount for all DRN members on any supplies, parts, gear, accessories, etc. they might need.

O.k. Now organize your questions and post away or PM them to me.

Last edited:

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Thanks, Strick... that was perfect-a-mundo! - E-Ticket

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by gospeedracer
Brian, you're only going to be there for one night?!! :think
Is Anja going to ride?

I'm lucky to get permission for one night. Two nights is seriously pushing it:) I wasn't planning on riding Monday - got to beat the Tahoe crowd back to the Bay Area - so I'll leave Sunday evening after riding/dinner.

Anja won't be coming with me. She hurt her back in October, remember she didn't ride at Elkins Flat, and it hasn't improved a whole lot since then. She was able to ride a little bit over New Year's but tweaked it again a few weeks ago. In fact, we just cancelled our Tahoe Ski Week vacation:( There's no way she'd be able to ski for a week.

Brian

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Hot damm Rick, can you make it any earlier;) I was gonna suggest convoy like last year, after 5am would work @ Lodi.

High Desert XR400

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2000
Oregon Riders?

Are there any riders from Oregon, in addition to E-Ticket, planning on going down for this ride?
If so what is your proposed schedule? Maybe we could caravan? I'm still working on getting it approved on the home front, but it sounds like a great time will be had by all!
How far out of Reno is the staging area and in which direction?
Thanks!!;)

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Reno/Sparks are twin cities(so to speak). Moon Rocks is 15 miles north of Sparks.

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Looks like I'm out. :( My ribs are not healing as fast as I thought they would. :ugg: Must be this darn age thing! :mad:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Say it aint so St500. :( :(

You should just come out anyways. I think Kiwi might need a drinking partner. Besides, I though you were coming out of retirement and going to pull the 360 superman backflip.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Updated rider list & name tags

I'll make the name tags for everyone, even those not riding. Just lemme know what people in the real world call ya and I will put both names on the tags. Don't forget to include your significant other, kids or any friends that will be attending.

Does anyone need to be added or taken of the list? What about you folks with ?? by your name, are you in or out? In would be the answer that were are looking for.

Firecracker22
Dirtygirly
Fe_Princess
mudmaiden
gospeedracer - Amiee
CJ rider
The Ant - Susan
Mimi
Firelily

Strick
Bobby
Kiwi bird - no rinding, just drinking.
NVR FNSH _ Brian
Fremontguy - Les
380EXCman
CSL
FireDawg75
FireDawg75's Dad
Firedawg75 Dad's buddy
AngryJim - Jim
Angry older brother
MR WR - Rick
Thumbs - Tony
SFO
Tee
Kawi250kid
Bluethumper
ST5000
CRF450vet +2
trlrdr
desert_racer - Rex
pegasus +1
Zio
Kelly
Dirty Dave +4
LawManNv
Mxbundy - Linden
John Blaze
LocoCD +3
TTRGuy - Eddie
SERPDRZ
Brianc
Brianc Jr.
Brianc super Jr.
E-Ticket - Randy
Mojo Rooster - Sean
Ultraman
Pookie
Rick McD
Jordan
Raz
DougM
DougM Jr.
DougM Super Jr.
Buddy
ricky1
Endoqwest
Bonehead

CR Swade ??
Patrick ??
Ty ??
Rattletrap83 ??
dual-sporter ??

Shredn’Annie ??
Lily ??
LawManNv's girlfriend ??

68 confirmed riders.
8 on the fence.

Last edited:

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Zio + 1- my friend Kelly (dude). Zio is fine on my name tag. I don't like nametags, but if everyone else is wearing them around, I guess I'll wear mine. I'll wait & see.

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
yo' Zio.... you're missing a valuable opportunity here...!

see... when no one's looking, you snitch someone else's nameplate, get polluted, and then basically act like a jerk.

Just be sure the someone else isn't doing the same thing with your nameplate....! (grin) - ET

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Would love to ride at Reno with y'all, but my wife and I bought a house and will be moving that weekend.

I was hoping to have a front row seat for Angry Jim's and MR WR's semi-annual battle of the 200's!

Have fun, everyone!

Last edited:

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Les,

Do you want to meet in Lodi @ 0500??? I'm in the middle of I-5 and 99. Let me know! Dirty Dave are you in the house?? Want to convoy w/us??
Anyone other Central Valley folks are more than welcome to convoy with myself and Les..

Dirt Bike Dave, Sorry your going to miss this ride:mad: We will have to link up once you get settled in down south...

Thumbs..

Add my better half to the list....Laurie....She'll be there, but not riding..

Rick

Last edited:

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Take me down, Thumbs. Just got MRI back today. Looks like thanks to that drunk driver I've got to have rotator cuff surgery. :( Enjoy, everybody. :)

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
LT, sorry to hear that, of course the riding isn't the only attraction in Reno.
ST500 - I do need a drinking partner.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by gospeedracer
Brian, you're only going to be there for one night?!! :think
Is Anja going to ride?

Speedy - looks like I've got permission to be there Fri/Sat/Sun nights. I'll be with trlrdr (Scott) - staying at his parents place. We may head up early enough on Friday to do some riding Friday afternoon - won't know for sure until later next week.

Brian

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom