deadhead

Mar 25, 2001
Folks,

I purchased what I thought was a Renthal 428 chain designated as R2-428-130 from Chaparral. When the package arrived, it had bar code stickers on it that said both R2-428-130 and R1-428-130. The box said R1. I checked the Renthal website and it's supposed to be an R1 Works chain. No big deal, I recognize the chain and package, but it got me looking...

The links on the chain have the Renthal "R" logo or R1 on them. The master link, however, says "Regina". I don't remember seeing that before. Is the whole chain made by Regina? I think I can get a Regina RX3 428 for less than the Renthal.

deadhead

bluedotfatcap

Aug 17, 2005
maybe the master link was lost and they replaced it thinking that the person that would buy it wouldnt notice. but the chain does say R on the links? if so then its ligit.

deadhead

Mar 25, 2001
bluedot,

I'm not questioning whether or not it's legit. I know its a Renthal chain. However, I know Thor doesn't make its helmets and Fox doesn't sew the boots that carry their name. There are only three companies in the whirl that actually "construct" washers and dryers. Renthal probably doesn't make their chains, but rather has them contracted. If Regina is the contractor, then maybe I can get the same quality chain as Renthal (I like them alot) for less. They're not a sponsor, soooooooooooo...... why not?

deadhead

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I know that Scott makes the thor goggles, but who makes the helmets? I can't find anything on the renthal chains, perhaps it was a customer return and the customer put the wrong master link in the package. If you find out that Regina makes the chain, please post so we will all know.

deadhead

Mar 25, 2001
I bought my son a Thor helmet a little while back--one helmet ago. The liner had HJC written, literally, all over it.

bluedotfatcap

Aug 17, 2005
yeah i was refering to what frudaddy has said... but i worded it wrong. i think that it was a return and they swapped the link. but i mean makes sence. think about soda. Coke makes wal-mart brand soda ( i think ) other compaines have their cheaper line. most likley same quality but may have more mess-ups per set. give it be a set of 100, and they will have 3 messups ( cheaper ) and 100 and have 1 messup ( more costly ) but yeah let us know if its the same deal if you find out.

deadhead

Mar 25, 2001
Unlikely it was a return. The package was sealed and the master link was sealed inside its own little package which was inside the bag with the chain. It was all as it should have been, except for seeing "Regina" on the master link.

We do have to remember, however, that contracted things ARE sometimes different. There are some outstanding contracted microbrews out there. The Renthal chains might not be a Regina RX3 or even RS3 with the "R-bar" logo substituted. I'm just saying it's worth further investigation.

deadhead

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom