Eview326

Jul 7, 2003
On my rear brakes i noticed on pad was wearing a lot faster than the other. In my manual it says this could be caused by worn fluid seals, so i bought a new seal and dust cover. Has any one done this before and could you give me a quick run through of how to do it please. Thanks.

tominator

Jan 23, 2004
There's not much to hydraulic brakes.

You can push the piston out with the fluid or ...
you disassemble them and blow them out with compressed air.
If you use air , go slow and wrap a shop cloth around the housing so you don't blast the piston into the housing and score it.

Use brake Fluid for a solvent to clean everything up squeaky clean. Make sure that you free and grease the pin wearing the rubber boot.

Use brake fluid to lub everything. Brake fluid is a pretty good solvent (paint!), be careful. You should see how everything is put together when you take it apart. You can also look at the online parts diagrams (Kawasaki.com).

Use blue loktite on stuff you don't want to buy later. Bleed them good. It's easy ... be patient.

Let us know how it goes.

Eview326

Jul 7, 2003
I got the piston out, now how do i take out the fluid seal and the dust seal? I'm sure once i get them out it will be simple to get the new ones in.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom