Replacing Water Pump Seal on KX60

JoeCharge

Mar 13, 2000
My sons KX60 is leaking coolant into the tranny. This seems to be a common problem as everyone had the same solution 'Replace the seal behind the impellor and the problem is fixed. I have the seal and the bearing on order.
Is there any trick to this. I know how to drain the rad. From the outside removing the water pump looks fairly simple. Two screws holding on the water pump. Anybody know what I will find when I remove it? Any exploding, spring retained part that will fall out into my hand with me having no clue how to re-assemble? Will I need any special tools to get to this seal or replace the bearing? Any help would be appreciated.

rybo3

Jun 13, 2002
no special tools required!! i just layed the bike on its side,(after draining the oil.), and pulled the old seal out, and put the new one in. make sure your gacket is still in good shape. and you will have run the bike and change the oil until all the bad oil is gone.

i had to change the oil 3 times to get all moisture out. maybe someone know's a better way, but i don't. pretty straight forward procedure alltogether.

good luck

Top Bottom