mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Ok guys,
Lets here the skinny from you guys that have Erics`s big bore kits in there 250F`s.
How are they holding up?
What size or sizes do they come in?
What mods do you suggest to do in conjunction with the over bore?
I may want to go this route, instead of buying a new bike, but im concerened it might make an already somewhat fragile bike a time bomb.

thanks
mxbundy

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Does no one have an Eric Gore modified 250F?
If anyone has some input , let me know. I`m thinking of doing this and I only have a couple weeks before my season starts up again.
Rich?

thanks
mxbundy

thump chump

Jun 20, 2001
Other Alternative

There will be a test on the Big Gun 250f in the next issue (I believe) of Dirt Rider.

I also posted a thread around here somewhere about it as well.

I had the work done to mine and couldn't be happier. But I was also didn't have to bore my and reline my cylinder.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I have ridden a friends bike with the Thumper racing 290 kit in it. It really made a difference in the bottom end, even with the stock pipe. As to reliability being a factor, he has only had it for around 5 months. No problems so far.

vern#19

Apr 23, 2000
EG Big bore

Yes I have an EG big bore 267? 13.5:1.I finally got the time to put it togther last week end I am very happy with Quallity of cylinder plating and the piston.
As for the running I just broke it in . The power is great much better torque off the bottom pulls from the basement all the way up to the rev limiter.
I can lug it down in 3rd and roll the power on and rip :) :) :) . Then I added the Vortex Ignition :eek: :scream: It is every thing I wanted ( this year).
As far as will it Grenade??? I don't Beleive so as I tore the hole thing down and the stock piston and rings were still in spec. Thats 12 months of riding, on average 3 times a week!! My son and I shared it for 5 months until he bought his own.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom