Rev limiter/governer on TTR90

NuebieN

Oct 15, 2001
I bought a 06 TTR90 for my girlfriend's kid. She won't let him ride it until I am able to reduce the power of the bike so he can learn without getting hurt. I have been searching and can't seem to find any way to do it.

If you know of a way to limit the throttle on this bike, please post. Thank you.

Jeff

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
You can cut a small piece of PVC tubing and put it over the cable between the slide and the top of the carb to limit the travel of the slide.

Attachments

• YA20060000002737.gif
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,131

NuebieN

Oct 15, 2001
Thank you. I did find someone saying that from a google search. I just tried it. It does keep it from giving it full throttle. The bike still goes pretty fast and I did stick the longest pipe I could get in there and still be able to get the cable in the gap.

I read that yamaha puts a washer in the exhaust to reduce airflow. That seems like it would be better. That way I could reduce it down to idle if I perfer. Do you happen to know where to put this washer? Is it right after the head where the exhaust pipe bolts on?

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
NuebieN said:
Do you happen to know where to put this washer? Is it right after the head where the exhaust pipe bolts on?

That's where they put it, but I think it's only done on the small two-stroke bikes. I'd be leary about doing it to a four-stroke. The potential for excessive heat causing valve problems is too great. I think making some kind of restrictor for the intake side would be safer.

You might also be able to drill and tap the throttle control housing to accept a limiting screw that would limit how far the grip could be twisted.

NuebieN

Oct 15, 2001
Vic said:
You might also be able to drill and tap the throttle control housing to accept a limiting screw that would limit how far the grip could be twisted.

That's an interesting idea. I'll take the throttle apart and see if it can be done.

NuebieN

Oct 15, 2001
Works a treat. Perfect. Now to find a helmet for him. Thank you for your help.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Glad it worked out for you. :cool:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…