Review: 2004 AMA Motocross Season Highlights DVD

B

biglou

I was bored, and since I don't have OLN and can't seem to remember to get to my Dad's in time to watch the races (or even remember what time zone I'm in...) I decided to take a chance and order the AMA's DVD of highlights of the 2004 outdoor national season. Right up front, I'll say that I recommend this DVD. It's pretty good overall, and has very little (if any) filler. Todd Harris is the host and narator. There are highlights of every race for both classes, and a special feature RC interview which took place after his switch to Suzuki. There is also footage of his speech to his crew the morning of his last race aboard a Honda last year at Glen Helen. Some pretty cool behind the scenes stuff in the RC interview chapter.

As for the races, think about the highlights they used to show on ESPN for the previous race at the start of each race's show, only extended to about 2-3X the duration. That's it. The entire DVD is 90 minutes long, and they cover every moto of every race for both classes, so it's really hard to touch on everything, and even harder to elaborate on anything. It is just what its title says it is: a "Highlight" DVD.

Other than it's brevity, due to time constraints, (and hey, I'd like to have DVD copies of every race in full if such a thing were available) I have only one complaint: About every 2nd or 3rd moto, at any given time, and at a much louder than normal volume, you get one-line commentating pearls of wisdom from Cameron Mitchel thrown in when you least expect it and quite suddenly. Now, I don't hate the guy, and I applaud his enthusiasm, but something just never really clicked with me and his announcing. I got nothing personal against the guy. Todd Harris thankfully does 100% of the narating and 99% of the commentating on this DVD.

The $24.95 price is reasonable, and delivery was very prompt (like, 4 days I think). I did not get a confirmation email when I placed my order, like the online ordering system said I would, but it was no big deal in the end.

I'm giving "2004 AMA Motocross Season Highlights DVD" a 4, out of 5. (X-Play geeks know where that came from :) )

View and order the DVD here: Click me

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Thanks for the review Lou. I tried ordering it, but the ordering process was pretty sketchy. I selected the movie and then entered my shipping info. It went to the next page and showed nothing in the basket, so I went back and re-entered everything. It finally popped up with the correct amount so I entered my credit card number and hit Purchase. Then a page popped up and said, "Page cannot be displayed." So I'm not sure if I actually got it ordered or not. I guess I'll find out in about 4 days! I love surprises!

B

biglou

Ah yes, I forgot, that happened to me, too. It showed nothing in the cart when I hit "order" the first time. Went back and did it again and it showed up. I got a page with the order number (which I copy-pasted to save), but never got a confirming email. There is a contact email there somewhere for the online sales if you want to email an inquiry. I inquired about my confirmation email and they replied right away. They didn't say why I hadn't received the email, but told me that the DVD had shipped already.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check out the site and see if I can contact someone about it. Have a good one!

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I got in touch with someone through the site and they confirmed that my order didn't go through (after trying twice). He said they were looking into the problem and gave me a number to call for ordering. If anyone is interested in ordering over the phone just call 1-800-AMA-JOIN (between 9am and 4:30pm) and ask for Jacki Burris at extension 1257. I'll be calling at some point today to place my order!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Thanks Lou! We'll have to check into that.

Top Bottom