Revlock

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Just installed the auto unit in the WR 426 and it feels alot different the bike steers differently and doesnt seem to squat down half as much on accel. It felt as though we could plushen up the bike quite a bit so we swapped in some 42 springs in the front and took a little compression out of both ends . We ran a little higher oil in the fork and the bike is like a couch and still rolls right through the sand whoops . But riding the bike seems strange almost spooky , I say this because now it seems the motor is all go and very little engine braking . You have to sort of set it up for a turn because the front end doesnt really dive as much. Its weird looking at your left hand and not seeing the clutch lever . Feels like a giant CT70 only much much faster . Anybody else Xperience this ?Would like to hear your opinions.

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Dean tell me how the system works.. I'm so out of the loop on engine stuff, I've heard of the product but have no friking idea what it is.

BR,
Jer

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
So you're saying that the free-wheeling effect of the Revloc overrides the compression braking aspect on a 4-stroke making the bike sit differently going into a turn and handling different.

Hmmm interesting.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Have you tried to blip the throttle a bit or hold it steady just above the threshold point to get a little bit of engine brake. I'm sure it would take some getting used to as far as riding style. You could brake into the turn to weight the front end, but again just a change in riding style.

Just my .02

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
The revloc works like a centrifugalclutch (although not centrifugal) It does allow for some engine braking but only a little and barely just above Idle or like @ 2k rpms (it seems) The bike is fun to ride and the more you juice the throttle the more it engages . My pal had alot of poroblems with stalling the bike in tight woods where he liked to brake slide around trees ,he would have to go through the routine every time . He got very frustrated.UI have installed the BERG units previously in KX 60s for kids but in a big bike its really neat esp. a big thumper . To test lockup I put the front wheel against the wall in the shop and twisted the throttle and it smoked the rear tire . You can also use the regular clutch to disengage in an emergency or for starts or to bounce a log etc. They are working on L/H rear brake master assys to actuate the rear brake .??? It seems as though the WR feels abit lighter now . It doesnt drop the front end as much when you decel and seems easier to ride in the tight stuff since you dont really have to concentrate on not stalling out . It is pricey though although the purpose of this thread is not a product review but rather a chat on the ruboff it gives on the suspension feel. It seems as though the bike could be set up alittle plusher esp. for woodsies . When you install it you have to trade in your old clutch assy as a core. I installed one awhile back on a CRF 475 motor in a quad but had little feedback from the rider except that the thing really honked but that motor had alot of work done also . I bet in a bike with a strong XR 600 or built CRF/WRYZF or big KTM I suspect it would be pure bliss . All that power and somehow modulated by a twist of the wrist . The WR is no slouch though either . If you ever get a chance to try one you should check it out . CHEERS DEAN

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…