Riders in Greensboro/High-Point Area? NC

CR-For-Ever

Feb 25, 2002
I been looking for somone to ride with, anyone who rides around high point or Greensboro NC? just looking for somone to ride with....Thx.

Later.

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
If you know of some good places to ride up that way, we'll come ride with you. My other brother Scott actually lives in Asheboro, but we don't know of places to go up that way.

CR-For-Ever

Feb 25, 2002
Thx guys!

And yes I really dont know any places in this area that have riding either, I guess I was kinda hoping I could meet somone who lives around here and we could go to track/races together, my parents are not very supportive of places I asked about devils ridge and TNT in past and both times they said no, and my dad said I can only go to track once every 2 months now, I dont know why but anyway..thx for invintations, if I hear of any good tracks around here I'll give you all a shout.

Later.

TMDirtDad

May 2, 2001
CR-FOR-EVER-

Have you checked out Rolling Hills MX near Reidsville??? It's pretty close to you, and a neat place to ride. I haven't been for awhile, but we like it. The larger of the two tracks there has great elevation changes and hills, etc. Goodluck...

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
TM, could you provide a lil bit o information on Rolling Hills MX. Do they have a web site, phone #'s, hours of operation, practice times, directions, type of tracks, trails, amenities on site?
Thanks in advance,

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I haven't ridden Rolling Hills in at least 10 years, but all I remember was hardpack, off-camber turns, and this scar across my chest (the days before chest protectors)!

TMDirtDad

May 2, 2001
96whyzee125-
Go to www.hometownmotocross.com. Choose NC tracks and go to bottom of page. You'll find Phone number for Rolling Hills.and others in NC. AMenities at R-HIlls- building with bathroom, and that's about it as I remember. I'm NOT a skilled MX rider, but I loved it. Great hills, turns, etc. Also check out Archer Lodge if you're in Raleigh, it's not far. I haven't been, I heard it's kind of "basic"??? I'm going sometime.....

TMDirtDad

May 2, 2001
High Lord Gomer-

Rolling Hills was not overly "groomed" but it wasn't bad. I hear you have to catch it at the right time. I don't think they race there anymore.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Thanks TMDirtDad,
I'm NOT a skilled MX rider either, matter of fact Gomer is always telling me how bad I am. We'll all have to get together soon and give Rolling Hills a shot. As far as archers, it is the worst, really, IT is the worst.
A trail with jumps that starts and stops in the same spot describes the place.

Spammer125

Mod Ban
Oct 4, 2002
Archers does suck.

That old guy told me they are going to be racing again soon, and that they will widen the track and replace the tabletop by the tower with a double. He has been saying this for awhile though, but I did see some new equipment show up at the track.

Its main problem is that its not kept up very well. I had one seriously great ride one day where it rained in the morning. The ground was nice and soft. The old guy got out on his tractor and completely graded and built up every jump face on the track. The whoops were even redone, you could triple double instead of just bouncing around because they actually had peaks.

I rode there last saturday and had a different experience though. It was not in too great a shape.

By the way, Anybody been to Kenly? I've heard there are some big jumps but it is close and I might like to try it out.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom