Riding Areas - Houston Texas

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Where are some good woods riding areas around Houston? I am hooking up with a buddy to ride the 11th/12th of August. I have heard that the nat. forest is good, but have never been there.

stevesauer

Apr 4, 2002
I'd say I'm an intermediate rider (4 yrs) and find that the "forest" is a great place to ride. Mostly 2 - 3 gear stuff with some 1st and other. Make sure you call before you go to see if the trials are open (936-344-6205). Try to go with someone who has been there before, trails are EXTENSIVE (ie - you can get lost!!).

That time of year it will be D*** hot, bring lots of water and get to the triail head at 7am and be done by 11 or 12.

pm me if you want more info.

ssauer@shell.com

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
You can't go wrong with Sam Houston for some good trails. Steve covered all the important info about the hotline.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Thanks for the good feedback! Anyone want to join us? We are looking for a weekend of riding and knocking back a few brewskies. Nothing serious, just knocking out the cobwebs. We figured on camping out Friday and Saturday night.

Can't wait for DW02! :)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…