Riding buddy wants his dream bike

KXRider

Nov 10, 1999
My riding buddy has been through 4 bikes in the last 2 years, his problem is he is 6'6" and weights 200lbs and can't seem to find a bike to fit his size and wishes for power delivery. He has had a YZ250, YZ426, YZ125 and now a Honda CR250. He asked my to see if I could find his answers here on DRN. He want's to quit MX for the most part and ride the full GNCC series next year. He wants a bike to best fit his size, the best way he could put his dream motor was he wants a motor with the power of my Eric Gorr ported 99KX 250 that has the power delivery like a YZ125. He is willing to buy any bike and do whatever mods are necessary to get as close to this as he can. Is there a way to create such an animal?

Feb 25, 2001
My only guess would to be the new Honda CRF450 its a big burly bike. A big guy wouldnt look to big on this. Tell him to raise the seat foam level a bit which he can buy the new seat foam its self and cut to his desire. The can buy longer shifters to fit his bigger feet. I think this has been done before but he can have the foot pegs lowered they can re-weld them and put a new bolt hole. Im sure he can make a mod to the sub frame to extend it a half inch maybe which will make it longer . That will make him feel less of the tall guy that he is. Make sure he either gets the current suspension worked on or send it out to Jeremy W. To have it worked on to get it set just rite for his weight and height and riding ability. Little motor mods need to be done to the monster 450F I think the only thing needed on that motor maybe is a aftermarket exhaust and if they ever come out with it the big bore kit. I doubt its needed ...DREAM or NOT im sure only a National pro can use the full power of the motor.

Dec 20, 2000
what about the CR500 made my service honda.........i could be wrong. they put a Cr500 motor into a new Cr250 frame. i forgot the cost, but you can't get much more bulry than that.

-Drew

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
Have he checked out the euro bikes? i am 6'1" and go 230 with our gear. I have a 2001 300 exc and absolutly love it. I have never been able to ride a bike right out of the crate due to my size but this bikes works great. I am an intermediate level hare scrambler(over 30 a class) and I did not due anything to the suspension. There is optional seat foam available for these bikes but I like the stcok heighth. It is a tall bike with big ergos. I have a buddy who rides a 380 and he loves it but I like the control and rev of the 300. Gearing works great in the woods tight or wide open.
Oh yea, i am selling my bike so i can buy an 02 300 exc. i bought mine in Jan 01.

GR8FUL_X

Sep 19, 2000
Dream bike...

Look at a KTM 300 EXC. Very nice all around bike with linear power. Not overly fast, but more powerful than most stock 250's.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom