sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
Well i took the bikes out this weekend for my first ride since my crash. The day started out ok, loaded everything up (i found out how weak i was seeing as i lost alot of muscle from the hospital stay) ugh We got the bikes unloaded +fired them up. i went for a short ride to warm mine up and see how nervous i would be. so far so good :cool: Brandon and his wife
showed up unloaded their bikes. then we sat around and made fun of me . fun stuff , we headed out to the spot i crashed at
i was doing good my confidence was up starting to get comfortable again. we found the site of the crash pretty quick

as we stopped and looked around then it hit me holy crap
as i looked at the tree i got a little dizzy. I looked around trying to think about what happened , evidently the path was up hill about 5 feet wide towards the bottom there was 2 small whoops not to far apart 3/4's of the way up was a larger whoop and the tree was at top of hill on the right.
i figured i hit the bottom whoops and landed just before the top whoop as the power band kicked in i was coming over the third whoop and it shot me straight into the tree. brandon says i took the full impact on the right side of my chest and wrapped around the tree ripping my helmut of my head. i was out cold before i hit the ground. My bike took chunk of tree out about 3 feet or so off the ground , my chest protector hit at about 6 feet and my head hit couple more feet up The marks where still on the tree. we took some pictures with my phone but they did not come out to good. This weekend i may go take some more with camera. we headed back to parking area after that as i was pretty tired by then. All in all i thought i was ok just glad that i can still ride. a little shaken up after seeing the tree ( i want to ask rangers if i can cut it down and take it home) lol sorry for the long ramble here just needed to get it out.
gordon (sparkysakitas)

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
8 broken ribs some in multiple places 6 ribs on right side
lacerated liver
contusions on right lung
chin was flayed open right to the bone from helmut being ripped off my head
while in hospital i had too be put in coma and hooked up to ventilator due to lung collapsing and pnumonia and not being able to breathe
and tons of aches and pains mostly shoulder and wrist from falling on them from 6 feet up

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
lacerated =cut liver
contusions = bruised
actullay my chest protector did its job although it spread the impact out over my chest without it who knows i might have driven a rib or 2 into my lug or worse

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
Sounds like a horrible day... how long ago did this happen? and what if u hurt your lungs again can it be fatal? :whoa:

Do i ask to many questions? :laugh:

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
day was great up until the wreck after that i remember a few bits and pieces up until the shot me up with morphine in the hospital. the helicoptor rides was cool :laugh:
wreck happened on dec 9 2007 i was out of hosp by the 21 of dec
right now my ribs are at 85% healed lungs are good to go as well as my liver. the worst is the nerve damage in my chin

Top Bottom