iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
I posted last fall that I was moving up to TC and there were some others in the area but I know the Wednesday rides are quite fast. If anyone is going out and wants to ride a slower pace (or maybe teach yourself to ride backwards while I ride forwards :joke: ) I'd like to get out and see what those trails are like (not into riding alone). Late afternoons/week nights work good for me too.

~Cori

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
The Wed. night group is a combination of fast & half-fast guys I am in the last group.
Just show up and ride your own pace, there are all levels of skills and you will feel ok riding with them.
Don

MuddyBuddy

Nov 1, 2006
Cori, you should ride with the Wednesday group. You rode the Tomahawk B loop just fine so these trails won't give you any problems. Little more sand, but not as much elevation. You're going to need a horn on your pumkin before long! :)

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
MuddyBuddy said:
Cori, you should ride with the Wednesday group. You rode the Tomahawk B loop just fine so these trails won't give you any problems. Little more sand, but not as much elevation. You're going to need a horn on your pumkin before long! :)

Well, I'm not so sure about that horn thing, but thanks for trying to boost my ego :)

If I can get enough done around the house tonight maybe I'll try to sneak out there tomorrow. What time do you guys meet and where at exactly (never been to the trail) do you park? The lot on the DNR maps at Knight Rd and Scharmen Rd, or Supply Rd and Martuch Rd? (or some place else all together?)

Thanks for the "hospitality" Don

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Cori, I will post when we decide where & times.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
Cori, Bruno and I were discussing how much you have improved over the years. He was Impressed you made it up that rutted uphill on the b loop with no problems. I guess Megan's advice for you worked well. Maybe Bruno and I could join you on the GT trails some wed.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Cori, the ride is 5:00 at the well site on Scharmen Rd. If you need more info call me 231-590-1139
Don

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
Ok thanks for the details Don. I'm not sure I could get there by 5 tomorrow on short notice but I can plan for it now. I'll have to see how the day is going and let you know by 3 or so.

Thanks LouAnn! I kind of impressed myself this weekend actually. Especially with it being my first time on the bike since the broken leg. The only thing I can think of is that all the time I've been spending on the pedal bike is transferring over. This is definitely the least sore I've been from a weekend of riding. It would be great to ride with you up here! You're always more then welcome to crash at my place if you're not on a specific trip with the trailer. :cool:

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
(As of right now, no meetings this afternoon so its looking promising!) :yeehaw:

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
WOW! HaHaHa...that's all I can say :yikes:

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
TCTrailrider said:
Sounds like you met some of the young guys. I planned on the ride but work got in the way. Next week?

Something like that I suppose...it was really a solo ride lol, with Clark being kind enough to wait for me in the middle and at the end. If they don't get sick of me putting around I'd like to go again. I don't know anyone else up here that can ride during the week so it was definitely nice to get out. The sugar sand was quite the contrast to perfect tacky loam of Tomahawk last weekend. :whoa:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Sorry I didn't make it either, same excuse as TCT. I don't miss many chances to ride due to work but things just didn't work out. As Denny mentioned get ready for next week as Denny and I are always in the rear.
Don

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
OH whew! I thought she saw Don in his riding tights changing after the ride....not pretty, not pretty. The only thing that is worse than that is catching a glimpse of me!!!

Is it the weekend yet? :|

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
Sounds good...its on the work calendar for next week :cool:

MuddyBuddy

Nov 1, 2006
LOL! Well as I have affectionately been told plenty of times, "if you want longer breaks, ride faster!" We ride with some former enduro riders and I can keep them in site for about a minute after we take off and then don't see them again until the next break! I'm okay being a mere mortal and I'm just happy to be out riding. :ride:

iroc8210

Jun 26, 2006
MuddyBuddy said:
LOL! Well as I have affectionately been told plenty of times, "if you want longer breaks, ride faster!" We ride with some former enduro riders and I can keep them in site for about a minute after we take off and then don't see them again until the next break! I'm okay being a mere mortal and I'm just happy to be out riding. :ride:

Prrrrretty much!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom