dirt ninja

Feb 20, 2006
I wanted to ask everyone if they had any ideas on how to patch a hole that i got in my brand new pair of fox panther II pants ? First time i wore them out, i was adjusting my air screw and i accidently burned a whole in the left knee area on my exhaust :bang: . The pants are made of nylon and was wondering if I could get some ideas from you guys on some kind of homemade patch of some sort. Thanks in advance guys!

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
go to a fabric store and get yourself some patches there!

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
Go one better. Find a shoe repair store in your area. Have him/her sew that patch on. Seams will look good and the patch will not fall off.

I have used ours for several different riding items, from ripped crotch, to sewing my butt bag back on to the belt. Good stuff.

Mully

dirt ninja

Feb 20, 2006
I just found some patch that you apply to the surface and it bonds to the material you attach it too. Im going to give it a shot and see how it works. :cool:

dales298

Mostly Useless
~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
Mully +1 means that I agree with Mully's post. A shoe/saddle repair shop can make a repair that will 1) look good 2) last 3) protect better than the original. Using the +1 keeps from having to repeat some thing that was already well said but lets you know that he isn't the only one thinking along that line of thought.

Dale

dirt ninja

Feb 20, 2006
I already went ahead and put the fabric tape on it. Blends in perfectly! The true test will be whenever i wash the pants next after tomorrows ride. The tape is made of nylon as well and the package says it is used for Parkas,tents,etc..The tape is very durable looking so im hoping it makes it through the washer. Ill let you know how it works. BTW i got the tape at fabric store and only cost 3.50. Application was cut out and stick on. :)

dirt ninja

Feb 20, 2006
Looks like the tape isnt going to work out too well. Edges seem to be lifting. :bang: knew it was too easy of a fix. Looks like i'll have to sew a patch on. :(

Top Bottom