TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Its a little white in Traverse City this morning. :bang: About an inch at my house. Looks like the front was mostly South of here, Cadillac probably got a little more.

duckboy

Jan 9, 2005
wr-ryder, I'm looking for people to ride with the second and third weekend in May since I won't be able to make it to Rites Of Spring on the first weekend. :nod:
As far as an inch of snow is concerned I don't think it's much to worry about unless it turns into a sheet of ice. I'm not putting my studs back on, but I will bring a box of screws and a drill just in case.
Sean.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
ANYONE who stayed home this weekend and did not ride....missed out BIG time.

On Saturday I was at the Leetsville loop preparing for the Spring Pine Cone. Yes, it was cold, but the traction was perfect.

I get a call from Michman on Saturday night. He was headed to Higgins Lake with some guys from the shop. I'm IN! I mention it Don Marsh and he likes the idea. YES, it did snow a couple of inches on Saturday night. I stayed at the clubgrounds and the heater in the trailer never stopped running. I met Michman at 9:30. We wait until 10:00 for Marsh. I call at 10:05 and Don decided to stay home. I think he was going to knit a sweater and stay warm. We had a GREAT time! There was some snow on the trail, but the traction was good (except for the tree roots that you could not see - going first had its challenges).

It will be warmer next weekend!! (But it will probably be DUSTY!!)

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Actually I didn't knit a sweater, I washed them!
I just didn't get much sleep this weekend. The Race Nazi's back issues kept me up alot.
I guess the Vicidin didn't knock her out enough. Next time I try Jack & Cokes!
But the 16 mile ride on Sat, was short but fun!

Glad you had a good ride I was wishing I was with you.
Don

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
So how was the downed tree's on the Caberfae trail looking? How many and were are they (North or south of 55?) Im gonna be there Saturday with chainsaw in hand to teach them a thing or 2.

Picture yzman swingin a fully reved out chainsaw in his left hand as he rides his Rekluse equiped CRFx thru the woods screaming "Im a lumberjack baby!!!"

:yikes:

525 DSK

Mar 30, 2004
So how was the downed tree's on the Caberfae trail looking? How many and were are they (North or south of 55?) Im gonna be there Saturday with chainsaw in hand to teach them a thing or 2.

YZ Man,
I think I counted about 8 trees from the parking lot to the T, we went north to Boon RD then back again there was about 10 trees on that section. Most were not very big and should take little time to clear.

Trevor, where you? Duck boy and me were the only ones to show up. It was a great time, sun came out around noon and turned out to be a nice day for riding. About an inch of snow and was no real problem.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Most were not very big and should take little time to clear.

How big is not too big? Not too big meaning that 2 or 3 people can drag it off the trail? Or are most big enough that we should saw them out?

Thanks for the tree count though. It helps a ton.

woodsracer369

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 3, 2004
Sorry Dave,
I chikened out; I was loaded and ready to leave right up to 6:00 am Sunday morn. The weather was just to much for me. I was anticipating 40's not 30's. In hind sight I should have exchanged cell #'s with you. I'm glad that Duckboy showed up and you were able to get a ride in.

525 DSK

Mar 30, 2004
YZMAN400 said:
How big is not too big? Not too big meaning that 2 or 3 people can drag it off the trail? Or are most big enough that we should saw them out?

Thanks for the tree count though. It helps a ton.

YZ
Sorry, Yes I guess most could be draged but think there big enough that your going to want to saw them. I did not bother to count the small stuff, I just rolled over those.

Trevor, thats OK, duckboy and I had a good time anyway.

duckboy

Jan 9, 2005
YZMAN400 said:
So how was the downed tree's on the Caberfae trail looking? How many and were are they (North or south of 55?)
My count was the same as Daves, I only counted trees bigger than you could easily take care of with an axe or hand saw. There weren't any bigger than 14" max, and those went straight accross. Just do us all a favor and only cut 24" out of the big ones to keep the quads out.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
duckboy said:
My count was the same as Daves, I only counted trees bigger than you could easily take care of with an axe or hand saw. There weren't any bigger than 14" max, and those went straight accross. Just do us all a favor and only cut 24" out of the big ones to keep the quads out.

give this man his prize :laugh:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom