sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
Anyone planning on some riding during this week? I'm thinking of going with my son Benjamin either Thursday or Friday. If Thursday, it would be to Muenster. If Friday, it would be Barnwell or Kiamichi.

I haven't been off-road since the end of October and I can't wait to ride. I've been busy doing bike maint. I"ve finished with my bike (650). Now I'm in the middle of a rebuilding my sons' XR200. The sprocket on the crankshaft had to be replaced so I had to split the cases. First time I've done that. It's been a fun learning experience. It's very satisfying to put it all back together and have it run right and sound nice.

Seldon

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
I'm off work for the rest of the year, so I'm looking for a few weekday rides.

I'm open this Thursday and Friday, Wednesday and Friday next week.

I don't think I can make Barnwell, but I'm open for anywhere closer (Muenster, etc.).

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
I'm off school and I'd like to ride if I can get my bike back together by then.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
The 'Kiamichi' that we talk about here is really the Talimena State Park located near Talihina in SE Oklahoma. Great riding area. Very big. Not bothered by rain at all.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
I have to finalize plans with my wife (please, please, pretty please!!), but right now it looks like my son (a very good trail rider) and I will go to the (relatively) new park located near Davis OK. (http://crossbarranch.com/).

I would go to Muesnter, but I don't want a muddy slop-fest. The place near Davis is supposed to be similar to Kiamichi, not bothered by rain. Mapquest says it's about 30 minutes farther than Muenster from where I live (Wylie).

I figure we'll leave about 6:00 am so we'll be there close to their 8:00 am open time. If this works out I'll report back on what the park is like.

Anyone else interested in trying a new place is welcome to join us.

Seldon

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
You go, Seldon. Give us a ride report. I've heard the place has great potential, trails very limited as of yet.

cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
SilverBurr said:
This set of trails is about 10 mins from where I'll be staying for the holidays, can anybody give me a ride report on it? http://www.sulphurrivertrails.com/
I live about 30 minutes from there . I haven't been there yet . I had a couple of friends go check it out . They said that all the trails are wide . You can drive a jeep down the trails . Its all flat . I haven't been there but that is what I was told .

SilverBurr

Jun 17, 2006
cdcracing said:
I live about 30 minutes from there . I haven't been there yet . I had a couple of friends go check it out . They said that all the trails are wide . You can drive a jeep down the trails . Its all flat . I haven't been there but that is what I was told .

Send me an email hines75@hotmail.com I don't have private message privileges.

You want to meet me out at Sulphur Trails on Saturday?

the_monk

Sep 1, 2004
I think a buddy of mine went last year sometime. He said the place was a "giant mudhole" and did not care for the place. I think this might be another one of those "go check it out and let us know" kinda things.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
This place is going to be great in a couple of years. It has lots of rocky, weather-proof terrain, but very few trails yet. The manager wants some guys to help break in the trails sometime. It's on my list of things to do, but probably not until next spring.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
I spoke with the manager of the Cross Bar Ranch last night. Apparently they got a real deluge of water Tuesday and Wednesday. He advised that it wouldn't be much fun to ride there today (Thursday).

If it stays sunny up there today, it might be OK tomorrow, or definitely by Saturday. From what he described it sounds like a very interesting place (the manager is a rider as well. Rides a kdx.) I'm going to either go there or Kiamichi tomorrow or Saturday.

the_monk

Sep 1, 2004
Just had to chime in with my plans for this weekend. Don't look good as I'm stuck in the "Blizzard of 2006" as they're calling it on the local news here in sunny Denver.

I'm in downtown, and they got like 24" of snow in the last 24 hours. Other places nearby had near 3". Blizzard warnings are in effect until 2pm today.

DIA is closed until (best case) 10am tomorrow morning. All Friday flights are sold out. I would try and rent a 4x4 and drive home, except all cars are rented all the way down to Co.Springs. But I couldn't get there because there are no buses, taxis, or other forms of transportation running today.

Maybe I'll drive home tomorrow... If they actually open 25, that is.

Anyway, I probably won't be riding too much this weekend. I think I'll be foraging for food in the downtown Denver area until Saturday sometime.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Dang, Monkster; you're shafted. Just hole up in your hotel, watch movies and order room service. Or maybe you could catch a ride in a freezing box van with a bunch of polka musicians. What movie was that? One of the "Home Alone" flicks, I think. Anyway, take it easy; you'll be home soon.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
Best laid plans...

Helping my daughter buy a car today is going to roll into tomorrow morning as well. At this point I'm hoping to go to Cross Bar Ranch on Saturday. It's so close to Christmas though that it's getting iffy. Darn!

Top Bottom