Mar 20, 2006
I was riding my bike (93' rm 125) and it just died out. It almost sounded like it ran out of gas, but i checked to make sure the gas was on and flowing. I found out later that there was no spark coming from the plug, and i bought a new coil, plug and wire. The bike still has no spark, and wont start. prior to the stall the bika always started on it's first or second kick with no problem. I am just looking for some possible explanations so i dont have to spend a fortune trying to figure out what's wrong.

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
It sounds like your stator or CDI has died. Get a manual, and the resistance specs and check the stator, also check the voltage output from the stator. If that is good, and there is nothing from the CDI, then your CDI is hooped.

nick545

Feb 18, 2006
Same thing happened to me a year and a half ago. I bought a coil and that wasn't it. Then I bought a copy of Dirt Rider Magazine and looked at the dirt mart section in the back. I called a guy up. He gave me a stator and a CDI box for $180. Turns out it was the CDI box I returned the stator and he just billed me for the CDI box. Hope that helped. Good luck!!!

adamant

Mar 20, 2006
My stator coil packed up once on my rm125 02 it started to run really bad on the track, it was misfiring & there was no power. If water or dampness has got into the flywheel cover it knacks the coil. Even though its wires are coated. It got to the point where my bike would not start & just backfired when trying to kick it over, however it would bump. The first thing that should be checked is electrical connections. Then the stator coil, as its most likely to be one of these 2 things. Even if the stator coil resistance seems ok. It does not nessecerialy mean it will function properly, mine was only 2 oms out & it was crud

Top Bottom