rm 80 or xr 100 for a begginer there both $800!

dalt09

Apr 26, 2004
hey i really need 2 know badly i want a bike and both of my freinds have bikes for sale i want the rm 80 but ive been looking in the forums like everyday and everyone says get a 4 stroke! but i want a 2 stroke so i can go fast, hit some jumps, and possilbe race mx............ the 4 stroke is a xr 100 a little dinky thing that i wll get use 2 in about a week!..... im short on cash so i want a bike that will last longer! so what bike shoud i go for!!!!!! please let me know..... every one says 2 stroke has alot of power and say 4 stroke suck! im very very very confused i need your guys help badly before i buy a bike!

ps im just a begginer!

1983yz80

Sep 9, 2003
Just go for the rm80. I started out with the xr100, it lasted about 2 years than finally got a yz80. The 80 got way more power, better suspension and is good for trail and mx.

dalt09

Apr 26, 2004
like the only thing is that the xr is small and the rm is perfect size....... is it hard 2 learn straight of the bat riding a 2 stroke??? its just that i would have 2 dish out alot of money 2 make a xr some what race able!....... is there away 2 govener down the rm at first untill i get use 2 it..... thanx if theres anything else u wanna let me know about the 2 bikes feel free 2...... thank you

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
There is no reason you can't learn on the RM. Take it easy with the throttle until you get comfortable and you'll be fine. If you have any intentions to race MX you will regret buying the XR very quickly.

dalt09

Apr 26, 2004
ok thanx CHILI i think im gonna save up my money and get a better bike for next summer im thinking of a crf230 or a rcf250x

Top Bottom