psustang89

Jun 22, 2006
Just did a top end rebuild on my 94 RM250 and I am having idle problems, zero idle to be exact. The bike runs great, it just stalls out the moment you're off the gas. Adjusting the idle on the carb did nothing, so I pulled the carb and cleaned it. This helped, but in order for the bike to idle, the adjustment is almost on full choke. Any suggestions?

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
WOW THIS MUST BE THE HUNDREDTH POST ABOUT "MY BIKE DOES NOT IDLE!". Make a search and you'll find all your answers. Besides, it is normal that your bike doesn't idle.

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
My 93 idle was adjusted by turning (screwing) the choke knob clockwise to increase the idle and counter clockwise to decrease it. A two stroke should have no problems idling, if jetted properly .

Good luck, Steve.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
A two stroke should have no problems idling, if jetted properly

Depends on the two stroke. A lot of motocross bikes were never designed to idle. You can usually work with them long enough to overcome that, but your are giving up a small amount of top end if you do. Hand off throttle=rider/bike separation. Separation means you want a dead bike laying on its side on the track.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom