Flygirl

Jul 28, 2006
Wow...a 7 or 13 yr old....I'm 40 and ride an RM85L :-) Also have a CRF230 that I learned to ride on but wish I would have learned on a 2-stroke first. I'm just out riding for fun so it's not like I need a big bike to compete with anybody. I ride my husband's 450 once in awhile but need a stopping block somewhere because my feet are too far from the ground :-)

loge88

Aug 8, 2007
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
Height = 5'4
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
pretty physical and agressive

3) what do you plan to ride- tracks and some trails

4) Do you have any riding experience? None

5) Do you think you will race? Maybe
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? My friend will teah me and help me.

7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
2 stroke
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? They carry everything.

9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
$1200
10) Do you live in California?
No
11) Your age? 14

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
of the 85cc bikes the RM is probably the most beginner oriented. it has better bottom end power and not quite the "hit" of the CR and YZ but fast enough to get the job done. a decent suspension. If you find a clean one go for it.
Sounds like your going for a used one with your price range. If its been raced look at the frame right where the pipe mount bolts to the frame. The have a tendency to crack right there. not a big deal if you have it repaired but a good bargaining tool. a new frame is $500+ $200ish on e-bay. Or $50ish to weld it.

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
If you plan on riding for awile i'd go with the kx100, its a little bigger so it would fit you longer. Also power wise it should last awile, but for the price range there usually 1300-1500 used unless you get an older model like a 1999-2000 there around 1000-1200.

loge88

Aug 8, 2007
Ok thanks guys. The bike actually not for me I have a yz125 and my friend wants to get into the wonderfulworld of motorcross. Im ust tryin to help him out.

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
loge88 said:
Ok thanks guys. The bike actually not for me I have a yz125 and my friend wants to get into the wonderfulworld of motorcross. Im ust tryin to help him out.
Have you let him try your's? Seems he'd outgrow an 85 pretty quick.

emokid

Dec 7, 2006
Jasle said:
If its been raced look at the frame right where the pipe mount bolts to the frame. The have a tendency to crack right there.

I never knew that i guess i learn something new on this site everyday,Where exactly does it crack the.Like the mounting bolt right off the exhaust ?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom