YZ85er

Aug 8, 2001
Take some seat foam off... Im sure it could be done easy.. Ive never done it myself, But Ive seen it done many of times... Any other advise about taking seat foam off folks?

ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
We're in the same boat. We have cut an 1" from the seat foam. Will be shortening the suspension about an 1" for offroad racing. Even with running 3" of sag and having the forks pushed up as far as they can go and we're still a tad short.

For mx, the stock bike is fine. Just use a block or rock at the starting gate.

dirtfreak

Feb 16, 2003
A thing that would help would be to get the rear to squat as much as possible by adjusting the sag like ktmdad said. This is done with the rider on the bike. If you need to shorten it alot, you can ask your local bike shop if they can cut the shock tower for you. You can also alter the front end height by moving the fork tubes up in the triple clamps. Just take into account this will also affect the handling of the bike as well. Good luck.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
If it is not a big deal, can you please report back to us on this? I have a short friend with a cr 80. He needs to grow or get the same mods. I am wondering how th esuspension works after being shortened. THANKS!!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom