barrie36

Mar 8, 2004
hi,ive got a 01 registered rmx 250,documents say declared manufactured in 2001,can anyone tell me when they stopped making them as i read somewhere that they were discontinued in 1998,my model has the same plastics as the 98 rm,ive looked on the net and have found my bike to be a jap import ,its got a speedo, indicators etc,ive put a 96 rm 250 exhaust system on it(had to do a bit of modifying) and removed the airbox lid,i havnt ridden it yet as im waiting for my new 98 rm plastics to arrive(i hope they fit)i fired her up and she sounds lovely ,can anyone tell me if drz 400 wheels will fit as ive got the chance of some,any suggestions on mods for this bike please let me know

apb

Feb 1, 2005
Well, the last year we received the rmx here in the US was '98, but overseas, it was made at least till '04, to the best of my knowledge. But after '98, the bike changed a fair amount, with new subframe, frame, tank, plastics, and more. Your Japanese import is I believe the version with metal fuel tank and street trim; I'm not sure if its otherwise the same as the post '98 models imported to australia and elsewhere.. I can't offer much help on what parts can be interchanged on those later models, and I'm not aware of anyone on this board that has a japan import either.. But you can always start comparing parts numbers between models, to see what you come up with for interchangeable parts.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom