legzr1

May 6, 2005
Hello from the UK :)
First post here so be gentle with me !
To cut a long story short i've just received my 1998 Suzuki RMX 250S back from the police.Actually makes a change that they caught the thieving little **&^%$!! and arrested them.
However,the bike is in quite a state and in need of a few parts (don't worry,the *******s will be footing the bill).

My question (at last I hear you scream).
Which model RM plastics will fit a '98 RMX ?
I've attached a pic of whats left of it for clarity of the model.
Front and rear fenders,radiator pods,fork guards,side panels,hand guards etc etc.
Does anyone know of dealers prepared to ship internationally?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Legz

http://img98.echo.cx/img98/329/rmx2508fm.jpg
(direct link to image)

Ruff Rider

Sep 14, 2004
Dont know if this will help but if i were you, id call and check with the suzuki dealers. If they dont have any over there, possibly try emailing suzuki support??

Hope u get back to riding soon

legzr1

May 6, 2005
Ruff Rider said:
Dont know if this will help but if i were you, id call and check with the suzuki dealers. If they dont have any over there, possibly try emailing suzuki support??

Hope u get back to riding soon
Thanks for that.

Ruff Rider

Sep 14, 2004
Im surprised no one else has responded. Dont get discouraged, Ive always had a bunch of responces on stupid questions (not that this is one) in a few days. I doubt that anyone addressed this question in the past but u might want to try searching "RMX plastics"

Jay25

Jun 3, 2005
some questions

placelast....

Great to find someone that knows about the RMX range. I own a 97 RMX and would like to upgrade my plastics, including tank. Would it also fall under the 96 to 98 RM range and will I have to replace the seat too.

If I can't change the plastics to a RM module, do you know where I can find new plastics/standard for my RMX including graphics kit? Last question, I am having probs with my 1st gear, when I tap it down to first gear and then release the clutch, the bike just shudders and the gear slips. All the other gears work fine, I opened it up but can't seem to find anything - any ideas?

Regards
Jason

hsv2112

Oct 23, 2004
Regarding the plastics, I own a 97 rm 250 with 99 plastics on, the only plastics that are not interchangable between 96 and 99 are the front number plate and fork plastics as the models changed with upside down forks

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Jay25 said:
placelast....
I own a 97 RMX and would like to upgrade my plastics, including tank. Would it also fall under the 96 to 98 RM range and will I have to replace the seat too.

If I can't change the plastics to a RM module, do you know where I can find new plastics/standard for my RMX including graphics kit?

If you could post or e-mail me a pix, I can determine what year or range of RM plastics and graphis would work. In Africa you may not have gotten the same (or you may have) models/versions as we received in the US - a photo would help, then we could go from there. The Aussies got like 3 different body styles/frames, yet quite similar engines; three different fork combinations.

No one in the US makes graphics/seat covers specifically for the (US imported) RMX anymore except Ceet in Carlsbad, California. There is another made in either England or Australia called Worx - I like it better than the former and would sure like to have the set for my RMX. I custom made mine, and it looks like it!

As far as your gear selector/transmission problem: I am not very good at those kinds of problems. Does it engage or not go into gear whatsoever?

Jay25

Jun 3, 2005
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the help guys, I will post a pic of my ride as soon as possible!!
With regards to the gear problem, it just does not seem to engade in 1st, all the other gears work fine!! It's poo as my rear itches to ride, so I ride from 2nd up but it is not the same..... you need that insane power of 1st.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Okay.

Here are the years of graphics & seat covers which will work from the RM250: 1989-92. The plastic will fit as well. The first two years use KYB forks; thereafter Showa, so the lower fork guards are different. Oh: and the tank is taller (but just as slim) on the RMX, & the trailing edge of right-hand number plate is a fraction of an inch shorter on the RM. Other than these things all the plastic and seat exchange directly from one to the other.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
Either one will work well, so I hear. Most have perference for the V-Vorce over the Boyesen although on some other brands of bikes the Boyesen works better, so they say.

The thinking is the reed area is greater in the latter so it should in theory be a better design from a throttle response standpoint, and the former is thought to be better from a straighter-into-the-intake design.

We had the Boyesen in my son's '90 RMX and the V-Force in mine. Since there were other subtle differences between the two (pipe brands, intake track, porting) it was difficult to tell which was better; not an apples-to-apples situation.

My son liked riding mine better for its snappier and greater power; his ran amazingly clean throughout all RPMs and was a breeze to jet for a jetting bonehead like me.

Although there is plenty of reed life in left in mine, I recently picked up a V3 to try, so if you want to try my original V1 you are welcome to do so; email me your address and I'll send it to you.

Top Bottom