aculous

Jul 7, 2006
Alright well my buddy and I went to Uwharrie national park awhile for my first "real" trail ride. Well we ended up behind some jeeps and basically it was hard riding all around.

Now the issue is the bike kept overheating big time. I checked the fluid before we went out and all were topped off. I have a boyesen water pump which I think is aftermarket but I don't know, this is my first bike. I can't keep it from overheating though. It sits and idles for more then a couple minutes and it starts pouring out coolant. I am starting to wonder if I should get a bigger radiator or is that not really going to help. I have looked all over the internet and all I find out is information on the 04's and their cooling issues that were supposed to be fixed on the 05 RMZ250's. And no one at any dealership has been any help. Hell one guy told me flat out he just got of MMI last week.

Any help would be appreciated. :bang:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
They are not designed to sit and idle for more than a couple of minutes. If you are not getting air flow to the radiators, they will overheat. If you are going to use it for a trail bike, you might want to add a coolant catch bottle or shut the engine off when you stop for more than a minute.

awyea

Jun 22, 2006
Ya don't let it idle for more than 3 min or so or else they just overheat and the boysen water pump doesn't come stock on the bike.

Top Bottom