Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
Does anyone out there have or knwo of people who own the Rockgardn Body Armour? I just bought the 05Flack Jacket, 05CYA Shorts, Knee/Shin Guards & "FATE" Gloves. From the reviews I've read, it appears to give the rider quality protection. Take a look @ www.rockgardn.com to see what I'm talking about if your unsure. I shopped around for prices and came upon the following site http://www.universalcycles.com/
Items are $10 - $30 cheaper and shipping is very reasonable :nod:
TTFN-Jack

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
I have it and bought it direct from RockGardn (hooked up a club sponsorship for my club) and I LOVE IT. It is great - I had no idea how much better than a standard chest protector and elbow gaurds it would be until I bought it. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. Try this product, you will LOVE it.
It is amazing how it doesn't hurt any more when I get off and roll in the rocks. Had a hare scramble race recently and it started raining in the race and got very slippery; fell several times fast and just jumped to my feet and ran back to the still running bike and took off.

I run a combo of Rockgardn flak jacket, thor force knee gaurds, tech 8's, M2R helmet, and use the hip pads in my MX pants, and it rarely hurts at all when I fall off.

I have recommended the flak jacket (and tech 8's, and thor force knee gaurds to many people and continue to do so. Try the flak jacket, you will love it!

HTH,
Phil

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
After I got hurt a couple of months back (RIB INJURY) I have been too cautious now and I'm hoping this armour will bring my confidence back up since I am better protected. Its due to be delivered on June 28 including the knee protectors and padded shorts. Time to Rock & Roll or Roll on the Rocks :coocoo:

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
The last crash on the rocks tore my jersey in 4-5 places and tore my riding pants too. Armour is still perfect, and so am I ;)

Phil

1tontj

Mar 19, 2004
I think it is the grinding the pants and jersey between the rocks, and the armour or knee pads.

I'm just glad the tear was on top of my knee pads so it didn't hurt me, just the pants ;-)

Phil

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
Got the Flack Jacket, Gloves, Knee/Shin Protectors & CYA Shorts. If you guys have not seen this stuff yet, take a look, this is some quality equipment. Not that hot either, material is see through when you hold up to the light, so it will allow nice cooling

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom